I use to sell Lia Sophia jewelry and am familiar with the different at home “parties”. I love how it’s a great excuse to invite your friends over. You get to browse some cool products and if you want, purchase something. All the while the hostess is earning some cool products. I have also been thinking about how I can reach new clients and offer something where the initial investment is lower then our standard sessions. I put those 2 ideas together and have come up with the idea of Portrait Parties.
Let me give you a brief overview of how a portrait party works.
You have an adorable child and decide you want to host a party so you can get a free session & hopefully some discounted prints. The party can be at your house or a nearby park. You invite your friends who also have kids to the party (about 4-7 kids max). The cost is $35 (per child) to attend the party, this covers my time shooting and editing the images. They also receive a credit for an 8×10 print (they can upgrade to a larger print if they’d like too). As the hostess of the party the $35 session fee is waved. The party lasts about 2-2.5 hours and I am shooting the entire time. I spend 10-15 minutes with each child to grab some shots of them as well as shooting while they are all playing together. 48 hours after the party I will have edited and uploaded the images to our client site. Each guest gets their own gallery with about 15-20 images. Your guests have 2 weeks to order additional prints or products. With each purchase your guests make you get closer to earning a free 1-1.5 hour portrait session and discounts off prints & products from the portrait party.
If you are interested in hosting a party you can contact me at email@example.com
Portrait Party FAQ:
What are the advantages for me and my guests?
- Low Session fee + 8×10 print credit.
- Online gallery viewing within 48 hours.
- NO buying at the party (no pressure)
- Credit Cards accepted (through paypal)
- Hostess receives portrait credit rewards from orders & a free standard portrait session
How many people do I invite?
- We will provide you with invitations and a save the date file for emailing.
- You need to have 4 minimum sittings different sittings scheduled for the party (7 maximum).
- The online gallery will be available within 48 hours of the party.
- The galleries will be live for 14 days for your guests to order!
How much do the pictures cost my guests? Do you charge outrageous per print fees?
- We have standard portrait prices plus a few Portrait Party only specials.
- We’ll email you our product guide which you can share with your guests before the party.
What are my responsibilities as the hostess of the Portrait Party?
- Invite your family and friends over for a fun few hours.
- An area large enough for the portraits away from the main party ~ preferably an outdoor setting. (We can also meet up at a nearby park)
- Providing a light refreshment for your guests is always welcomed.
- Invite at 4-7 children (and parents) to your portrait party.
What are the benefits to hosting a Portrait Party?
- You will receive portrait rewards based on the total party’s sales (10% of the parties sales)
- If your guest orders total $800 you also earn a certificate for a free family session for anytime (expires in one calender year)
- You can earn a 5×5 20 page lay flat album if your guests decide to schedule a portrait party of their own.
I will send you all the information needed so you can start inviting your friends to your portrait party. The $35 fee is required from each guest to reserve their spot at the portrait party (they can pay by check or paypal). I will also need their email addresses so I can send them important portrait party info.